Cook Time: 120 minutes
1 kg Beef short ribs or pork short ribs cut between the bones to individual pieces
3 medium garlic cloves (peeled and smashed)
20g ginger (sliced)
150 ml of TENZAN ORIGINAL YAKINIKU SAUCE
150 ml of beef or chicken broth
50 ml rice vinegar
Salt and black pepper to taste
1) Score meat sides of each ribs then season with salt and pepper.
2) In a bag, put the ribs with TENZAN ORIGINAL YAKINIKU SAUCE coating the meat completely, seal and marinate in a refrigerator for a least 5 hours or even over night.
3) Place the ribs and marinade into a medium pot and adding broth (more if needed) and rice vinegar so that the liquid comes about half way of the sides of meat.
4) Bring it to boil and turn to low heat to a simmer. Cover and cook the ribs on low heat for about 2 hours turning the ribs occasionally until tender.
5) Place the meat on a plate and skim off the fat off the top of the sauce, then bring it to boil and simmer for about 10 minutes until sauce is slightly reduced.
6) Discard ginger pieces and pour the sauce over ribs and serve.