Cook Time: 45 minutes
8 chicken thighs with bone and skin
3 scallions, white part minced and green parts thinly sliced
5 cloves of garlic, peeled
200g of sliced shiitake mushrooms
1/2 cup of chicken broth
150 ml of TENZAN ORIGINAL YAKINIKU SAUCE
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1) Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2) In a heavy bottomed saucepan or pot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and swirl to coat sides over high heat.
3) Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook undisturbed until browned for about 5 minutes. Flip over and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
4) Turn heat down to medium heat and add garlic clove, shiitake mushrooms and white part of scallions. Sauté until mushrooms are slightly softened, about 3-4 minutes.
5) Return chicken thighs back to pot. Pour chicken broth and TENZAN ORIGINAL YAKINIKU SAUCE and bring it to boil, turn heat down to low, and simmer for 25 minutes covered with lid. Remove cover and simmer for another 10 minutes. Garnish with green scallions and serve.